‘Cuz, who doesn’t love pizza?
*This Pizza Crust is a sort of thin, cracker style pizza crust that is hearty and adds a rich wheat/oregano flavor to your pizza creations.
· ¾ cup of warm water
· 1 teaspoon of Maple Syrup, Honey, or Agave
· 2 cups of whole wheat flour (Plus some more for kneading)
· ½ teaspoon of Sea Salt
· 1 teaspoon of olive oil.
· 2-3 tablespoons of flax-seeds
· 2 table spoons of oregano seasoning. (Fresh oregano would be fantastic!)
Steps For Creating the Dough:
1. Measure out ¾ cup of water and 1 teaspoon of Maple Syrup and combine in a large mixing bowl. Stir until Syrup has fully dissolved.
2. Next, stir in the flour, salt, and olive oil. Stir until all the flour has been absorbed into the dough. (You may need to use your hands for this step)
3. Dust a clean surface with some flour and knead dough for 5 minutes. Add in flour as needed. Knead in enough flower so the dough isn’t sticky but, slightly moist to the touch. * Also, at this point, knead in the flax seeds and oregano.
4. Next, you can either save the ball of dough in the freezer, or use immediately on pizza.
Baking instructions: Temp: 450’ F
1. Thaw out ball of dough if frozen. *Skip Step if not frozen*
2. Pre-heat oven to 450’ F
3. Lightly grease a round pizza pan.
4. Form dough into a round, pizza shape wither with a dough roller or by spinning it with your hands.
5. Add Toppings!!
6. Place in oven for 8-12 minutes or until nicely brown and cooked