We all know that the holidays do not tend to be the easiest for healthy eating. With all the sugary sweets and desserts, it's hard to find something a little more on the healthy side. Here's a recipe for a healthier brownie that will surely have your whole family/relatives smiling. :
Prep Time: 10 minutes Bake Time: 30 minutes
- 1 and 1/2 dark chocolate chips. (Use dark chocolate with at least 60% cacao)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil.
- 1 cup vanilla greek yogurt (Non-GMO)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar (date sugar works as well)
- 3/4 cup of rolled oat flour. (Simply blend rolled oats in a blender)
- Set oven to 350 'F and line a 8x8 pan with foil or parchment paper. Then spray nonstick spray.
- In a bowl, place 1 cup of chocolate chips and melted coconut oil (melt in microwave). Then stir until the chocolate is melted.
- Add in greek yogurt and stir thoroughly
- Next, stir in Salt, Baking Soda, and coconut sugar
- Stir in the rolled oat flour. Then stir in the remaining 1/2 cup of chocolate chips.
- Spread mixture into greased pan then place it in the oven for 30-32 minutes.
- Let cool and Enjoy!